Monday, August 25, 2008

First night in Denver!

Well, I have survived my first night in Denver (I came back early compared to most!) and I'm exhausted! Everywhere I go I'm meeting new people: from Texas, Hawaii, California, Wisconsin, and even Americans who came from their overseas homes to be a part of the convention. I met a new friend who is an campaign activist on the Texas delegation bus and we traveled into the city for the Friends of New Orleans welcome reception - featuring some jazz and cajun food (gumbo and red beans and rice - delicious!). I finally got to put some faces to names and formally meet people who I have spoken to on the phone and via e-mail getting ready for the convention. After Friends of New Orleans, I walked down the famous 16th Street with some new friends and headed up to the Young Democrats of America reception where we did an interview with some reporters/bloggers and waved to the camera for a television network. It's all about the networking and meeting as many people as you can! I had thought about making some "business cards" with contact info, and now I know I should have!

No comments: