Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Big THANKS!

Last night was a great addition to the wonderful experiences that I have had so far as a National Delegate. I gave a presentation to an enthusiastic group at the Grayson County Democrats monthly meeting. Folks there shared pizza and tea as they listened, asked questions, and discussed upcoming election events. There were also some local candidates including Gregg Middents and Glen Melancon who shared information about their campaigns and the work they are doing to prepare for November's election.
There was some press coverage at last night's event. You can check out the video of local news station KXII's coverage online at http://www.kxii.com/news. Look for the "First News at Ten: Tues, Aug 19" link on the right hand side of the webpage. The clip begins at 5:53 on the timeline.
Last, but not least...THANK YOU, to all those who came out to support the Grayson County Democrats and listen to my presentation. I also received several donations from those in attendance. I was able to raise enough to cover my plane ticket to Denver! Only 4 days until the DNCC!

No comments: